Richard S. Land heads up the firm’s estate planning and probate group, helping individuals from all walks of life to manage and dispose of their assets in an orderly fashion through lifetime transfers and through transfers at death by wills and trusts.
Richard serves a diverse clientele throughout Connecticut and New York. Some are retirees, young parents, business owners, professionals, or executives. Others are investors, authors, artists, unmarried couples, and same sex couples. Many are prompted to consult Richard upon the loss of a spouse. He counsels the elderly about incapacity and long term care, individuals with special needs, and executors and trustees about the rigorous demands of their positions.
In addition to preparing documents, Richard frequently provides advice regarding estate, gift and income tax strategies and the disposition of unique assets such as interests in closely-held businesses through business ownership and succession planning. He helps clients to plan comprehensively with life insurance and long term care insurance, to make optimal dispositions of IRAs, 401(k)s and other retirement accounts, and to select executors, trustees and guardians. He also counsels clients on the use of charitable trusts and foundations, as well as on creditor protection.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D.
- Dartmouth College, B.A
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- CT Bar Association: Member of Elder Law and Estates & Probate Sections
- NY Bar Association: Member of Elder Law and Special Needs, and Trust & Estates Sections
- Real Property, Trust and Estates Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Western Connecticut Estate Tax & Planning Council Inc.
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent
- Super Lawyers Magazine selection for Estate Planning and Probate (Top Attorneys in Connecticut 2012 -2014). For the selection process, click on this link: Super Lawyers Selections.