Timothy M. Herring leads Chipman Mazzucco’s litigation group. He represents individuals, closely held businesses, and large companies in a broad variety of disputes. Tim litigates in Connecticut’s state and federal courts, as well as probate courts, federal courts in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Though he tried several cases and has taken a number through appeal, Tim also makes use of alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation and arbitration. Where negotiation has been successful, Tim has prepared complex, multi-party settlements to memorialize the resolution.
Tim’s diverse experience includes shareholder disputes, actions to quiet title, foreclosures of commercial mortgages, enforcement of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, real estate tax appeals, and trust and probate claims.
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Editor, Connecticut Law Review
- Member, Moot Court Board
- George Washington University, B.A., with honors
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Past president of the Greater Danbury Bar Association, Inc.
- Delegate to the Connecticut Bar Association’s House of Delegates
- Member, Raymond E. Baldwin American Inn of Court
- Recognized as a “Rising Star in litigation” by Super Lawyers Magazine since 2010
- U.S. DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF CONNECTICUT
- U.S. DISTRICT COURT, SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NY
- U.S. COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE SECOND CIRCUIT