PRIVACY PROTECTION POLICY OF CHIPMAN MAZZUCCO EMERSON LLC TO COMPLY WITH CGS §42-471
(Safeguarding of personal information, Social Security numbers, Privacy protection policy)
It is the policy of Chipman Mazzucco Emerson LLC to protect the privacy of our clients. We do not disclose any non-public personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone for any purpose except as expressly or impliedly authorized by those clients or as otherwise required or permitted by law or applicable provisions of codes of professional conduct or ethical rules governing our conduct as lawyers.
SPECIFICALLY, IT IS THE POLICY OF THIS LAW FIRM TO:
- Protect the confidentiality of Social Security numbers and non-public personal information;
- Prohibit the unlawful disclosure of Social Security numbers and non-public personal information;
- Limit access to Social Security numbers and non-public personal information;
- Safeguard the data, computer files, and documents containing Social Security numbers and other non-public personal information from misuse by third parties;
- Destroy, erase, or make unreadable such data, computer files and documents prior to disposal;
- Make reasonable efforts to restrict access to Social Security numbers and other non-public personal information about clients to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide services to those clients;
- Make reasonable efforts to train those employees to protect the privacy of our clients; and
- Maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to ensure compliance with this policy.