- Corporate and Business
- Real Estate and Land Use
- Unfair Trade Practices
Casey A. Olden helps businesses and their agents engage in a variety of commercial matters. He advises organizations on issues related to entity formation, licensing, financing, administrative compliance, and proper corporate governance.
Casey carefully negotiates, drafts, and reviews purchase and sale agreements, commercial leases, and other contracts, identifying legally-significant provisions while also providing particular attention to business issues relevant to the specific deal. He additionally offers individuals guidance with employment, shareholders, noncompetition, and buy-sell agreements. And if a dispute between business competitors arises, Casey has an extensive knowledge of the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act.
Casey strives to understand the underlying operational and economic activities that are in the background of every commercial transaction. He believes that this broad initial focus helps facilitate better communication between all relevant parties, which in turn leads to a more efficient resolution to the task. He is a methodical, list-based thinker who explains not only the answers to substantive legal questions, but also the procedural steps necessary to achieve a desired outcome.
In his free time Casey enjoys running, hiking, and cheering on whatever South Carolina Gamecocks team is playing.
- Connecticut Bar Association , Member, Present
- Danbury Bar Association , Member, Present
- Fairfield County Bar Association, Member, Present
- “So, What Do You Do Again?”: Why the Primary Line of Business Test Under the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act is “Unfair", 49 Conn. L. Rev. 1329, 4, 2017
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 2017
- Honors: with Honors
- Minor: Certificate in Transactional Practice
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
- B.S. - 2014
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Sport and Entertainment Management
- Connecticut, 2017
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award- Torts, 2014
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award- Administrative Law, 2015
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award- State Unfair Trade Practices, 2016
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award- Trusts & Estates, 2016
Fraternities or Sororities
- Beta Theta Pi