Helping Clients Craft Comprehensive Plans for Their Businesses
If you own a business in Fairfield County and Western Connecticut or the greater Southbury area and need help addressing complicated matters that can impact your financial future, then please call or email us to learn more about the following business planning services:
- Business Formation: Once you have devised a winning business model, we can bring our skill and experience to bear to help you to determine the optimal business entity and structure for your operations. We can help you through the management, financial, income tax, and liability issues you need to be aware of when forming a business. Our experience spans a wide range of industries.
- Contracts: Every business depends on contracts with suppliers, customers, and employees. That is why it is important to be precise and comprehensive with every provision in every contract. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,” as the saying goes, so we help businesses draft clear and reliable contracts.
- Employment Law: Our lawyers routinely advise employers who need help reaching their objectives for the workplace. We assist with preparing and reviewing employment agreements and employee handbooks. Our legal team stays up-to-date so that we can help our clients adapt to new policies to maintain a harmonious workplace and avoid costly claims.
- Sales and Purchases: We know that purchasing and selling a business is rarely a straightforward process. Our lawyers will help you achieve your various financial and income tax objectives in your business transactions, while minimizing your liability. In coordination with your financial advisors and accountants, we work hard to implement the expectations of the parties.
- Succession Planning: Our firm helps business owners plan for continuity through retirement and incapacity—and even management disagreements-- so that you can feel confident the enterprise you’ve worked years to build won’t be in jeopardy. Contact us today to discuss your unique circumstance and let us develop the right succession plan to achieve your goals.
- Business Taxes: As business owners decide which type of entity they want to form, they must also consider the tax ramifications. These initial decisions will affect, not only the ongoing operations of the company, but also the tax liabilities arising upon sale. We also represent clients facing tax audits and litigation in state and federal courts.
- Trademarks: We know that your trademarks set your goods and services apart from the competition, which is why we help clients across a wide range of industries protect and maintain trademarks. Our legal team has represented clients before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, as well as the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
To schedule your case consultation with Chipman Mazzucco Emerson, please call us today at (203) 902-4882 or complete our online form.